Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anders is 2!



Not sure how my baby is 2! Does that mean I can not call him my baby any more? There are not words to describe the joy he brings to my/our life. To say Anders ups your self esteem is an understatement. He loves with his whole being and when you are the recipient you get what it feels like to be loved completely. He truly has a gift. Even Shane and Myann long for his hugs and kisses. They are a gift. Luckily, I am the momma and I get them more often than most. I savor them, because I know the day will come soon when he will not be so willing and he will even be reluctant, so today I enjoy them.

Don't get me wrong, he is 2 now and with 2 have come the tantrums and No's and even more recently, thanks to Myann, "You're stupid." But he is usually pretty quick to follow it up with the, "I'm sorry." Sometimes he even touches your face and says, "Are you crying?" in the most compassionate voice you can imagine. He is definitely a gentle giant and boy to the core. He is so different in Shane in his interests. Loves his dinosaurs, cars, and all things with wheels. Seeing a garbage truck makes his day. He is the master of automotive sound effects, from cars to trains to airplanes. He loves to wrestle and is prone to tackling unprepared persons and dogs, but he will just as quickly hug you or grab your face and kiss you. He loves his buddy Bree and asks for her all the time, but he also loves the big kids in the neighborhood and is itching to roam the streets with them. He talks about his papas often, but I think he generalizes papas as all older men. He loves older gentlemen and makes the day of many an old guy at the grocery store by saying loudly, "Hi Papa and PAPA!!!".

Today we spent part of your birthday at the park playing while Myann had dance and you showed me what a big boy you had become. You are pretty self sufficient on the playground now and a borderline daredevil.

Mommy and Daddy love, but then again, so does everyone you meet.

No comments: