Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Photography

I feel the need to do a little plug for the photographers who have become essential in my life. For a little background, I love taking pictures and always have. I hope to get better, but for now, I am average and rely on professionals to do the pictures I want framed on a wall. I do take my kids to Sears for what I call novelty photos (Halloween, Easter, Christmas, etc.). Sears does a fine job, but there is something missing, my guess is the personal touch and the personal attention a professional photographer gives their clients, and the extended amounted of time helps too. You can see it in the depth of the picture, and trust me once you get "real" photos taken, you will never be able to stop. Now, I know that there is a substantial cost difference, but to me, I would sacrifice a lot for good photos and I have. My biggest regret is that I did not spare no expense when I got married. I did find a decent photographer, but nothing exceptional. I was trying to keep costs down. If I had it to do over, I would spend double on the photographer and half on things like flowers, favors, and other decor. So when it came time to have babies, I went nuts. I also did maternity pictures, which are still some of my favorite photos of me ever, 50 pounds heavier and all. I have no regrets when it comes to pictures of my kids. I have had lots of photos taken, and that is what I am most proud of. Even the 2nd and 3rd children have had equal time with the camera. This time passes so quickly and you can't get the moment back. A good photo helps preserve the memory.
So here are the photographers I have loved:
The one who started it all in San Diego - I love Carrie and think she is brilliant (she had just started when I met her and now she is published)
www.capturedbycarrie.com

Our first photos made in Spokane - she was great, but then I met Jaidean
www.tinyfeetphotography.com

Our current photographer and now friend - Jaidean is wonderful and has a knack with my kids
http://www.jaideanbakerphotography.com/

Our recent photographer in Austin - she is wonderful and so generous. I love her blog for decorating ideas with photos.
www.lifeinmotionphotography.com

1 comment:

Jaidean said...

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kari! I really appreciate it! I feel the same way about my weddings pictures...wish I would have went all out!