Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ongoings

Skip this blog if you don't want silly details about my kids. Since this will be the only baby book my kids ever have, I have to list mundane things like what they say and eat. Anders is moving quickly through food. Call it 3rd baby syndrome, but we don't do the feed them the same food for days to wait for a reaction. Anders started the rice cereal, last week we moved on to oatmeal. We will do barley soon, but I can't find the stuff in stores here. One more place to check. Last weekend, I gave Anders carrots, then this week was sweet potatoes, and this morning applesauce. Ironically, he made faces when I gave him applesauce, I guess too tart. But he ate it. I also gave him a biter biscuit Friday morning and he loved it. It bought me a few minutes to clean the kitchen and he practiced his hand mouth coordination.

Anders is also mimicing now, which has enabled him to win his daddy over. he bobs his head back and forth. I call it the Stevie Wonder move, and he thinks he is pretty funny. Daddy and him do this for 10 minutes at a time. Anders is VERY vocal and likes to demonstrate his loud voice. No distinguishable words yet, Brian swears he is trying to say, "hi". Maybe. Regardless, Brian is convinced he will be an early talker, not unlikely given his chatty siblings. My absolute favorite Anders thing right now is how we rests his head on me. When someone approaches, he puts his head to my chest, to pull the "shy" move. It is all an act, this child does not have a shy bone in his body at this point. I think it is his version of flirting. And oh yeah, he is a huge flirt. He picked several ladies on the airplane as his objects of flirtation, and took turns blessing them with his smiles.

Anders loving his first biter biscuit


Myann is impressing us with her new understanding of Jesus. She usually mimics Shane, so we are not sure what she actually understands. Well tonight we were in the car, talking to them about the meaning of Easter. Shane was explaining God, not unusual for him, but then Myann got in on it. She was talking about God and not seeing Him, then she asked, "How is Jesus God?" Very profound. And then she asked, "And what about the Holy Spirit." She jumped right to the complicated stuff, she listens more than we thought.

No comments: