Saturday, April 18, 2009

Behind on blogging, one word - Twilight

Knowing that Brian's dad was on the way and I would have some extra help, I finally took up Twilight. I have owned the first 2 books for over a year but did not read them because of the horror stories I had heard. Not vampire horror stories mind you, but becoming a neglectful mommy stories. I had heard the books were so good, moms were putting their kids in front of the tv all day so they could read. I have too guilty of a conscience for that, so I waited. And they are good. But I have been staying up really late at night/early morning to read. Then sleeping in a little later than usual since I have morning help. Thank you Bob.

Anyway, here are some recent funnies.
Thursday morning I was really tired from staying up too late reading Twilight. When 7 am rolled around and the thought of getting up was painful, Shane came in and was agreeable to me sleeping a little longer. He said ok mommy, I'll come back. 7:45am he returned and told me to go sleep in his bed, not sure why that was better for him, but I agreed to anything that meant more sleep. He covered me in his bed and turned off the light and shut the door. He said sleep well mommy. Then at 8:15am he came in and said "Time to wake up and start your day." Who can ignore that cheerful awakening, so up I got. Thankfully Myann and Anders were still sleeping.

Shane is obsessed with being first, going first, anything about first. We are working gentlemen let ladies go first, but he isn't getting it yet. Anyway, this all stems because he says he came first out of my tummy, so he always gets to go first before Myann and Anders. He was then telling Daddy that he (Shane) was mommy's and not his (daddy's) because he came out of my tummy. Brian defensively and not wanting to be excluded explained that he had a hand in his being too, and that he was not just mommy's. Shane's response, "Oh really, what did you do daddy?" Brian's answer, "Nevermind, you're right you are mommy's." Brian obviously was not ready for "that" talk yet.

Myann REALLY loves her baby brother, she can be mean to the world, but rarely ever is she mean to Anders. She loves to give him hugs and kisses too. Well Anders is really getting into the kissing thing and in general likes to have his mouth all over my face. He bites my nose, sucks on my chin, just slobbers all over me. Myann went in for a kiss the other day and Anders stuck his tongue out when she did. Myann just giggled and I mistakenly said, "Oh, did Anders slip you the tongue?" For the rest of the day Myann would say, "Anders, I want a kiss, slip me the tongue." I blushed, such innocence, but highly inappropriate for a sister to say that to her brother.

3 comments:

Cher said...

Regarding Shane allowing you to sleep later ... I love that boy!!

BrianJ said...

Kari,
Sweet Shane probably wanted you in his room so he could pilfer ours. I can't believe you missed that.
Brian

The Butterfields said...

too cute for Myann!! :) I love it!