Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter



The Easter Bunny visited our house today. He left baskets and a "bazillion" eggs in the front yard. Bazillion was Shane's word. Even Myann got into it. Last year she was happy with one egg. This year, the race was on. Myann and Shane were running around the yard and when they were having a harder time, Shane was yelling, "Spy me some more mom." Their baskets were overflowing, so Brian dumped them into plastic bags and boxes. When Myann wasn't looking, Shane started taking the eggs out of her box, she turned and saw and the meltdown began.





Anders enjoyed his first Easter. He celebrated with green beans. He does not like green beans. He disliked them so much that he was dry heaving. What a little stinker. So I mixed in a little sweet potatoes, and oila, he was happy to eat again. How does a boy his size have any particularity about food? Pickiness and all, I love that little boy. Everything makes him smile, he has to be the happiest baby - I am one lucky mama.

As for our Easter, we spent a lot of time this weekend trying to talk to the kids about what Easter really meant. On the upside, Myann seems to be getting the significance of God. Shane is getting the story of Easter, but then it upset him. I was explaining how Jesus died and then rose again to save us. Shane said he did not want Jesus to die and he missed Him. I explained that Jesus was always with us, but Shane insisted he wanted to see Him. I said he would see Jesus one day in heaven when he died. Oh what was I thinking. Shane got very upset and said he did not want to die. I told him it would be a very long time and he would be a very old man. He said he wanted to be with me forever and did not want to die. I tried to calm him, but when he woke up this morning he told me again he did not want to die. Yikes, I guess I need to work on my explanation.

Praise God for our Savior!!!

No comments: