Thursday, April 2, 2009

Goodbye ER

Now I remember why I quit watching ER, it makes me introspective and sad. Since it was the series finale and I used to be a diehard fan, I had to watch. The last time I watched was almost five years ago and I was a few months pregnant with Shane. In the episode, Dr. Carter's wife was giving birth to their baby which died in utero. I cried for 60 minutes and said I was done with ER, I could not handle that kind of emotion while pregnant. So here I am again, watching it and they are talking about that lost child again. It is heartbreaking, and all I can think about is how lost I would be without one of my kids. So goodbye ER, and hello happy Kari!

Along these lines, I have been really sad all day. Tomorrow Brian, Anders, and I are flying to Texas for my brother's benefit. I have been so looking forward to this weekend, as a celebration of my brother, wonderful time with family and friends, and a break from toddlerhood. However, today, the thought of leaving Myann and Shane is just sad, I am dreading 4 days away. Why is it we long to get a break from our kids, but miss them the moment they are away? I know that taking all three kids for a quick weekend trip would have been too overwhelming, but I will miss my toddlers.

1 comment:

The Butterfields said...

Let Tina know that we're here if she needs anything or wants to have a playdate!! :)
Hope you 3 have a great time in Texas and some quality family time.