Sunday, November 30, 2008

Long weekend

The long weekend has been spent mostly at home and involved very little shopping, in stores that is. I have done lots of online shopping. Of course I still have a ways to go.

Friday we got a break from the cold and ventured to Raptor Reef, an indoor waterpark in Idaho, for Harry's birthday. Shane loved playing in the water and finally became brave enough to go down the waterslide by himself. His first trip don shot water in his face so he was hesitant to do it again. After an hour, he went back and there was no stopping him. He was pretty well wiped out and slept part of the way home. The way home involved lots of snow. I had to remind myself of what it was like to drive in the snow, very slow and no sudden turns.

I then met my trainer for what turned out to be the onset of my weekend of misery. He worked my butt off literally, I had some serious butt pain that night and into Saturday. Now that it is Sunday, my hamstrings are throbbing. At least I feel like I am getting my money's worth.

Saturday, was supposed to be dinner and a show, Putnam County Spelling Bee. Well, my friend Rhenda, who was also joining us, had the forethought to look on the internet ahead and found out that the show was cancelled. Seriously, I know you have to confirm flight arrangements, but I never thought you had to check for your theater show. Since Tina and I were already downtown we decided to see the movie Australia. It was AWESOME!!! We really enjoyed it. Really, Hugh Jackman with no shirt or in tight cowboy clothes for 2 1/2 hours, how could it be bad.

No comments: