Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life with Kids...Gotta love it

I have really wanted to blog this week, but there have not been enough hours in the day. I have had a fun couple of days. Funny moments with the kids that is.

Monday night was a creative night for mommy. It was bedtime and time to pick out PJs. Well I have had mounds of laundry clean but not put away. So I didn't want to dig through the laundry to find matching tops and bottoms. Shane is pretty insistent that his PJs match. So I found a Spiderman top and Superman bottoms. Shane was not pleased, but I convinced him that now he was a DOUBLE superhero. That pleased him, but now he wants to be a Double Superhero every night.

Tuesday morning I was changing Anders and Shane came over and commented that Anders had a strong peepee. I believe I've commented before that Shane is a tad bit penius obsessed - must be genetic. Anyway, I asked him what exactly was a strong peepee, he said that Anders had a strong peepee because he ate asparagus in my tummy. (BTW, I ate asparagus when pregnant)

Later that morning, I dropped Shane at school and took Myann to her My Gym class. Oh the fun began there. Myann was loving class and doing all the activities. Then Anders let it rip and I mean explode, I'm not supposed to talk about poop, but it is inevitable. The moment the events occurred, I knew it would go in the blog. I had Anders in the Baby Bjorn and took a peek down his back and yep he EXPLODED. So I grabbed extra clothes and headed to change his diaper in the back of the gym. Myann was being my helper and handing me diapers, diaper after diaper. I guess she got bored and I was preoccupied with all the poop, I looked back to see she had taken off her pants and diaper, and then threw her diaper in the trash. I planned to deal with her in a minute but had to get all the poop off Anders (it had gotten in his hair when removing his soiled clothes) and into new clothes, mind you, he is screaming at the top of his lungs and proceeded to pee all over while I was wiping him down. Suddenly, the lights went out. I turned to see another mom coming over to turn the lights back on and there is my naked little girl (AKA stripper according to Uncle GG) playing with the light switches. Fortunately I was in a kid friendly place with parents I knew, so I'm sure I had more of their pity than annoyance. So I got Anders and Myann both dressed and back to class we go. Just another day in the life...

By the way, Myann is living up to her stripper persona, she has taken off her diaper and clothes several times this week. Mostly at home, right before bedtime or right before leaving the house - she has impeccable timing. And she loves to go peepee in public, she doesn't actually do anything, but she strips down and goes through the motions, probably just another excuse to get naked. No naked pictures, since it is a public blog, but here is her smiling - see Grammy she does smile, just not often in pictures.


Later Tuesday, yes the day was not over, I dragged all 3 kids to the pediatrician. Shane was due for his 3 year appt and Anders was having his 2 month. Nothing gets you more attention than carting around 3 kids 3 and under. EVERYONE says wow you got your hands full. I want to get a shirt made that says "Yes my hands are full." The kids were pretty good at the doctor's, they were preoccupied with snacks, even though the sign in the office says no food - yeah right. Upon one look at Anders, the nurse said "Wow, he's a big boy". He officially is gigantic.
Anders 2 month stats
25 inches long 95% percentile
14 lbs. 11 oz. 95% percentile

Shane 3 1/2 years old
39 inches
37 lbs.

Here is the big man. I took this picture yesterday morning, he is in a swaddling sleepsack, but the swaddle part gets scooted up around his shoulders. He is so cute!



BTW, that night was a fluke. Anders is back to waking between 1-2am and again at 5am. I know he is close, because he falls fast aslepp when nursing at the 1am feeding, so I am optimistic.

No comments: