Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hey Tina

Monday we picked Tina up to bring her to our house. The whole way home the kids were competing for her attention in the car. Myann repeatedly said , "Hey Tina, hey Tina." Shane then thought it was funny, so for 10 of the 15 minute drive we heard Hey Tina and lots of giggles. Tina and I couldn't help but giggle too. I told Tina that this was payback because she worked for months to get Myann to say her name, now it was a curse. Kind of like mommy. We work for months to have our babies say mommy, but mommy quickly becomes nails on chalkboard when a toddler whines, "Moooommmmmmmyyyyyy."

Myann loves men - everyone who spends any time with Myann knows she LOVES men. I mean LOVES men. She has her select few woman that she likes, and you know who you are, but it is rare. This week was no exception. At My Gym, there was a visiting man leading the class and Myann stuck to his side the whole class, to include doing gymnastics activites that she normally doesn't like to do. She even told the ladies no and to not touch her - that's my opinionated girl. Then Thursday at soccer, she tried relentlessly to get the attention of one father. It took her a while, but she finally got him to play with her for bit.

Anders 7 weeks - I took a clothesless photo so you could really appreciate what a chunk he is. I love his chub, he is so snuggly. And he started giggling this week, but only when he is sleeping. He must have some funny dreams.


Shane and north pole - Shane came home from school Wednesday very concerned about where the north pole was. He told me to drive there now because he wanted to see Santa. I explained it was a bit far, but he didn't understand. When we got home I showed him on the globe where the North Pole was. Unfortunately on a globe, the north pole doesn't look that far from Spokane (that was a scary wake up call for a Texas girl). So Shane still insisted we go there, I told him we weren't allowed.

Myann loves her bears - So thanks a lot Grandma Jo and Popi. Shane and Myann have never been attached to anything, blankets, animals, pacifiers, nothing - until now. Grandma Jo brought a soft polar bear for Myann when she visited and Myann has slept with it ever since. She has to sleep with it every night and drag it downstairs every morning. Then Popi bought her a monkey during his visit, and she now takes both the bear and the monkey to bed every night and we bring them downstairs every morning. Last night I heard Myann up at 3am talking to the monkey, she is officially attached. I'm ok with it as long as we don't have to start taking it on trips around town.

Show and tell - I have been a terrible mom. Shane has been talking about show and tell at school A LOT. I pretty much disregarded Shane's comments, so I don't even know what he said, but he talked about it. I didn't pay attention because I knew, or so I thought, that they did show and tell Wednesday mornings a 8:30 am circle time, well we never get to school until 9am. I didn't bother to drag a toy to school. Since Shane kept talking about it, I decided on Tuesday to confirm that we missed show and tell. Miss Joanne informed me that they did it after playground time at 10:30am. So for 2 months, poor Shane has sat there at Show and Tell with nothing to show. I felt absolutely horrible. Wednesday, he took his prized green shaker car and was so thrilled. Hopefully I am slightly redeemed.

Popi left last weekend and this week was an adjustment. Particularly since the weather has been dreary, so we didn't get out as much as usual. The kids and the dogs missed his attention, I missed his company - I love hanging out with my dad. Today I was frustrated with the kids whining and they were frustrated with my scolding. Shane was mad at me, so he dumped salt all over the counter. I told him I didn't like messes and why did he do it. His response, "Well you left it here so the kids could get to it." I couldn't argue with that.

Daddy got home last night and graciously took Shane to baseball this afternoon so I could have a little down time while Myann and Anders napped. Then they picked up Shane's skis. Shane is so excited to have skis. We had our first snow yesterday and Shane asked if he could go skiing. I told him we had to wait until the snow actually stuck to the ground. Woohoo, maybe Shane will be my ski buddy since Brian isn't a huge fan.

No comments: