Sunday, November 30, 2008

Funny kid moments

Shane asked why Sid's Grandma (as in Sid the Science Kid) picks him up from school. I said that she was helping his mommy. Shane asked why his Grandma didn't pick him up from school. I wanted to cry. I love Spokane, but a downside to being so far from family, is that our kids don't get the day to day experiences with their grandparents. I explained that his grandparents lived far away and couldn't but he would see them soon. So all you grandparents, your grandkids love you and wish you could pick them up from school.

Saturday morning I did our long haul to Idaho for haircuts. On the way back we stopped to order Myann's birthday cakes. We then saw a large bow up Santa, and Myann said she wanted to tickle Santa. This started last weekend when Brian and Tina took the kids to see Santa. To get Myann close, they told her to tickle Santa. This Santa visit was monumental because Myann usually cries when we take her to see a character, ie Easter Bunny, Santa, and even Elmo. So she must be outgrowing her fear, or this Santa was cuter than last years.



Most popular word in my house "TOO". As in "me too", "I want milk too", "I want a snack too", "my turn too", "I want cereal with milk in a bowl too". It started as Myann saying it in typical little sister role and now Shane has picked it up for when he wants what sister has.

Last week at school, Myann's teacher said she was the most polite kid in class. I refuse to back down that Myann can be an obstinate little girl at times, but she is pretty good with her manners. Always says her please, thank yous and your welcomes. Tonight was no exception as she learned "Excuse me". I was reading their bedtime book and Shane said excuse me to ask a question about the story. I answered and continued reading, then I hear Myann say, "Excuse me". However, she had no statement or question to follow with, she just wanted to say excuse me because Shane did. Then she thought it was funny and said it 5 more times. This sent Shane into giggles, which Myann caught on with and a giggle episode ensued. I did finally finish the story.

Myann LOVES saying prayers at meal time, snack time, drink time, you name it. Mind you, I love that my daughter is already proving to be prayerful and filled with the love for Jesus, but come on. I think even God is getting a little tired of our prayers before every single bite. I failed to mention that she wants to pray every time food or drink enters her vicinity, but then she wants to pray several times during the meal, like before every bite. Oh that girl, she cracks us up.

No comments: