Thursday, January 28, 2010

If your baby was named by a 4 year old...

the world would be a much more interesting place. Now I am NOT pregnant, but my children frequently like to discuss the "next" baby. They talk about future babies often, so we assume that means they are on board to have more siblings - correction sibling - singular. Anyway, tonight during dinner Shane announced that he was going to name the "next" baby Wonder Woman. He said after that it would be Super Man, then Hot Shot, and then the last baby would be John. Yes, John. Can you imagine being named John if your siblings were Super Man, Wonder Woman, and Hot Shot? I know, a very odd combination, but I love how his mind works and it really made me laugh. I almost spit out my food when he said John. The superhero names totally make sense. Every 4 year old boy would suggest those names. Hot Shot, no clue where that came from. But John, why John. I was too busy laughing to ask. Maybe it is a tribute to my stepdad John, but the kids only know him as Papa, so I do not even think it came from there.

***Update: Tonight 1/29/10, I asked Shane why John since it was not like the other superhero names. Shane said, "Mom, John is a superhero too." Me, "No John is not" (Yeah, like I am the superhero expert, and then it hits me - John IS a superhero.) In that instant Shane explained and I recalled that John is the Green Lantern from the Justice League series we have been netflixing. Duh - how did I not remember that sooner.***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi

Your son has an excellent taste in names, and in my opinion john matches completely all the other
names :-)

yours
John Johansen
Denmark