Saturday, January 23, 2010

Before I forget

There are some things that I just need to have written down so I don't forget.

Shane loves lemon pepper. He wants it on everything. It started with hard-boiled eggs. My kids love their hard-boiled eggs and somehow Shane decided he wanted lemon pepper. I think this transpired with Brian, so he would have to give the full explanation. Now he wants lemon pepper on all his veggies. I am not a huge lemon pepper fan, so it seems odd to me.

Myann is my little baby monkey or in less kind words, my leach. I distinctly remember her not being the most lovey dovey baby. I don't recall her wanting lots of snuggles or being held all the time, but she sure does now. She wants to be held A LOT, thankfully she only weighs 32 lbs. She wants to sit with me constantly and have a hand on me at all times. It started around 2 years old and a little before, aka, when Anders was born. I like it most of the time and try to focus on the fact that one day I will miss her affection towards me. So even when I feel claustrophobic, I try to embrace her affection/clingyness. And Myann is well on her way to potty-trained. We have had some ups and downs, but this seems to finally be the real deal - like she is done with diapers. She goes most days accident free, is usually dry during nap, and has some dry nights. I am very excited about this, as is she. She has been begging to move up to the big kid class where they go to the big kid playground and she wants to do gymnastics, and she knows that potty-trained is a pre-req for both.

Anders became a toddler overnight. He almost runs everywhere and has really begun to put himself out there. Huge for me, since he is playing more independently. He also has picked up a few moves from his siblings. During dinner the other night,he looked exactly like Shane lowering his eyes and being coy. Then smiling because he knew he was being a stinker. Brian and I were totally amazed at how he looked just like Shane. He is still sweet as can be most of the time. He has had a bad cold for almost 2 weeks, and other than the fever and snotty nose, you could hardly tell. He is still his happy self, just playing and not whining.

No comments: