Thursday, January 28, 2010

Driving tonight

I am a total small town convert, my Houston friends and family would be ashamed, that I have sunk to the level of complaining about Spokane traffic. No need to criticize, I am hanging my head in shame. Normally Brian picks the kids up from preschool, but when he is out of town or working late, I have to get on the highway and drive to get them during rush hour traffic. The way there is no traffic, no issue, but on the way home, we always have to get on the highway for 2 exits and traffic is bad, by Spokane standards. Traffic always comes to a stop within a few hundred feet of entering the highway and then picks up and flows full speed until we exit, one exit later. I know the horror of my 10 minute commute. Anyway, tonight, it came to a sudden stop and cars were swerving to not hit each other, I was prepared as it ALWAYS stops here, I planned ahead and left plenty of room, but annoyed, I said, "Ahhh, you crazy drivers". Myann responds, "Mom don't say that stuff, it is not ok to say crazy." She must have been confusing crazy with the word I usually use, like idiot or bonehead or some even more colorful. I am trying to use better words, so out came crazy. I told Myann that saying they were crazy drivers when they were crazy drivers was acceptable. Shane then comments, "Yes Myann, moms and dads are allowed to yell at bad drivers. " Great, we are teaching our kids wonderful things.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That's hilarious! I'm pleased to know I have Shane's permission, since I do it so often anyway :)