Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Donut Parade

Since we had to pick up Dad's truck from the airport today, Tina was over, and I decided it was a perfect day to FINALLY try a famous donut place in Spokane. I love donuts, and have not found any really exceptional places in Spokane. I have heard great things about Donut Parade, but I drove by it one day to only see obvious regulars of an "aged" nature inside, and thought my three might be a bit overwhelming in the place. To the contrary, the place is larger than I thought and the kids were well received. We did get a few sideways glances and we were immediately identified as non-regulars, but the staff was awesome and so patient with us. The kids were amazingly well behaved, especially once fired up with sugar. Between 5 of us, we had at least 6 or 7 donuts and 4 glasses of milk, all for $10. Seriously, a bargain, several of the donuts were HUGE. Myann of course had sprinkles, and only ate the sprinkles and whatever bit of donut was attached to the sprinkle. Shane could not decide, so he ordered 3 and wanted halves of each, and offered that Anders could eat his other halves. Very generous brother, note my sarcasm. Anders did eat some of Shane's and Shane said, "Anders is saying that this is the best day of his life". Shane also said it was the best day of his life. Anders also had chocolate milk for the first time (well officially, I am pretty sure he has had chocolate breast milk a few times :), and he definitely enjoyed that part the most. I think he sucked the milk up for a minute straight without coming up for air. By the time we left, the kids had made several friends and I know for certain made many of the "aged" crowd smile. We will be back and one day I may be brave enough to go by myself, though that may make Tina sad, she liked the donuts too. As we were ordering, I told the lady we would need a bag since I doubted we would eat all the donuts we ordered, let's just say the bag never got used.

Pictures to come, but I am too tired to download them off the camera now.

The rest of the day was running errands, cooking and cleaning, but it was a wonderful day. Shane was my companion for the errands and he spent the entire time telling me how much he loved being with me and that our time alone was his favorite time because he could talk to me the whole time without having to share talk time with Myann. (How can that not make you smile, my kids love to talk.) He helped clean, and he can put away toys like no other, when he wants to.

Oh and not to forget, Anders' eye teeth or pointy teeth, whatever, the sharp teeth are finally coming through. They have been peaking through for a couple weeks, but finally broke the surface during the past couple days, just the top ones. These are his first teeth in like 6-8 months. So weird that it took this long, but I have no doubt that more are on the way.





Obviously Anders liked his chocolate milk.


While getting Myann ready for school yesterday, Anders wanted his hair done too. He tries so hard to put the hair clips in, but Myann had to get them in. He looked so cute that I left them in during all our morning errands. And yes, he was frequently mistaken as a girl, but a cute girl.

No comments: