Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Swaddling Anders

In case you don't know this about us, Brian and I are fanatic swaddlers. We watched Happiest Baby on the Block before Shane was born and were sold. So we have swaddled all three kids for as long as possible. When Shane was 9 months old, his doctor told us that we should probably stop, so we did. So we converted Shane into a sleepsack. Then Myann was so small for so long, that we swaddled her until she was about 15 months. I even swaddled her around her sleepsack since the winters were so cold. And now Anders, though larger than Myann now, we still swaddle him. This absolutely cracks my mother up, she laughs every time she sees me swaddle him. She said it looks like I smashing a sausage into its casing. What can I say, Anders loves it. He even grabs the blanket now and helps me wrap him. He also gets excited, like he knows sleep is coming. Fortunately since Anders is so big, I found blankets big enough, Aden Anais, that work for him. For those of you gasping in horror, my kids don't stay in the swaddle. Usually by 6 months on, they learn to break the swaddle almost immediately, but it is their bedtime routine and seems to help lull them to sleep. And to be honest, our children are wonderful sleepers, may or may not be due to swaddling.

So this is for you mom (Bad picture since Anders is crying, but he does not like being swaddled and then put down while I grab the camera. Once he is swaddled, he wants to be held and put to bed)

No comments: