Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh Come On!!!!!!

So now I am officially having a pity party. I am sitting here praying my on call doctor calls me because I am quite positive I have mastitis. I have never had mastitis and this is my third go around nursing and 42nd month of nursing to be exact. Of course I get mastitis now, at the worst possible time after the worst possible week. I did not even tell you about the minor bad things that happened the last few days. So here I sit in pain, with horrible chills and fever. I could wait until morning, since I think an OB/GYN is on call for pregnant women only, but I am praying she calls. Now I am wishing I had not been so shy and gone up to her the numerous times I saw her at the boys' sports camp or soccer practice. But she is not my normal doctor, so I didn't want to bother her when she wasn't working.

Update: Hallelujah! She called and is giving me antibiotics. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my practice, they are the greatest group ever!!!!!!

No pictures included for obvious reasons.

2 comments:

Domrese Family Blog said...

So sorry! Mastitis is the worst! I did it one time with the boys when they were little. I felt AWFUL and waited way too long. I put the boys in their high chairs, called Dan to tell him to come home and passed out on the floor (literally passed out from the pain). So bad. Luckily the drugs kick in really fast! Good luck!

Juli L. said...

Oh wow Kari, I'm so sorry you are going though all that! I've never had to deal with it, but heard it's pretty painful. I'm glad to read than you are on antibiotics now and hopefully will be feeling better soon!