Sunday, August 30, 2009

Do you ever wonder...Really is this my life?

Warning: This blog will include mention of poop.

I mean it in a comical sense, the Really is this my life. Today was one of those days when you find yourself saying, "Really, is there more today." The day started well enough. I am continuing our declutter and was hanging pictures. Then hubby got involved, awesome, we might get all the pictures hung. Of course, I found some issues with the pictures I had professionally hung (Never use Michael's, they are horrible long story, I'll leave it at that). So I will be going back this week to get them fixed. But we are getting stuff done, all is well. Nap time was approaching. We get Myann in bed for a nap. So we thought. A few minutes later, she comes downstairs and tells daddy she pooped. Mine you, there is no diaper and she has poop on her hands. I hear this going on and run off to find the poop. I go up the stairs and see that she must have scooted her poopy butt all the way down the stairs, as there is poop streaked in a perfect line all the way down the carpeted stairs. I get to the top of the stairs and there it is, the missing diaper. One problem, hardly any poop in the diaper. So I set up our auto spot carpet cleaner, which is awesome by the way, and perfect for stairs. It is small and I can set it and walk away for 3 minutes at a time. So I pretreat all the mess, clean what I can and then set the carpet cleaner on the spot to deep clean. Next, I go hunting for the missing poop. At this point she is cleaned and daddy has put her in the baby bed. Which logistically works, so I can search the room she was sleeping in. Bed was all clear, thank you God, that would have been a real pain and gross. Then I noticed clothes had been pulled out of Shane's too small bin. I pick up the shorts and notice, yep, poop on my hand and poop on the floor. She tried to cover the poop with Shane's clothes and a tennis ball, not sure what good she thought the ball would do. But in doing so she managed to grind the poop into the carpet. Great more to clean and clothes to sanitize. I clean myself, almost threw up, but I held it in. Clean the poop and keeping move my carpet cleaner to a new spot every 3 minutes. I am disgusted with how my day has turned out, but everything is fixable we are ok.

Next, hubby is obsessed with the wasps and their new nests outside, so he decides to rebait the traps with watermelon. Protein works best in summers, but sweet fruit works best as it approaches fall, who knew wasps had seasonal cravings, whatever, he is doing it, so he can do whatever. I am finishing up cleaning, going to grab more paper towels, as I hear, "Oh my God." And there is lots of blood, hubby sliced right through his finger. I hand him the paper towels. Grab more for me and resume my cleaning. After 30 minutes, he is still bleeding and it looks pretty bad so off to the ER he goes. He had his own fun getting there. Urgent Care was closed because the doctor was sick, love the irony. So to the ER. As he is leaving, Shane says, "Oh no, now daddy will only have four fingers like Richard. I assured him that daddy didn't lose his finger."

So I am done cleaning the poop, 2 hours later, and start cleaning the blood all over the kitchen floor. Feeling like our house should be decontaminated at this point. Finish cutting the watermelon get it put away. Kids are all awake, previous plans for dinner are not going to happen, so in goes the frozen pizza and edamame, so that I feel like they will get some nutrition with dinner. Daddy makes it home. Myann then wants some watermelon,and says, "Mommy will you cut the watermelon, daddy doesn't know how, he cut his finger off." Brian and I hysterically laugh at this.

Bath time, kids in bed, hubby seriously asks, "when are you going to finish scrapbooking?" He's lucky he didn't lose a hand over that comment.

2 comments:

The Butterfields said...

Harry did the poop stairs thing at my sister in law's house last summer. We'd seriously JUST pulled in from the airport, he ran upstairs to see the kids, came back down, on his bottom like we tell him, and had streaked down EVERY SINGLE STEP on her white carpet. UGH. I feel your pain, it took forEVER to clean!!
Hope Brian's finger is okay!! :)

Cher said...

And Sandy thought her 1st (and last) diaper, that happened to be with Shane, was bad.