Monday, February 9, 2009

Shane wins again

I believe Kari has posted about us turning our house into Fort Knox. We have a bike lock on the fridge at night, locks on the pantry, and we spent close to $200 changing our door knobs to lock him out of everywhere. We put a lock on the laundry room, our room, the basement door and even a reverse lock on his door. Certain nights he refuses to stay in his room so we lock the door until we go to bed. Super Nanny probably wouldn't approve of the lock on his door and would call it lazy parenting, but screw her as I don't believe she has a kid of her own, let alone three. Well this morning Shane woke up early and we have a rule that he has to stay in his room until 7AM. I asked him to go back to his room and as I(Dad) started to walk out he said if you lock my door dad I will open it with my nail. I immediately turned around and said give me the nail Shane. Now we had considered clothes hangers as a possibility, but we made sure he only has plastic in his room. Plus we figured if he got his hands on a metal one it would be difficult for him to bend it straight enough, so we lived in ignorant bliss. So after I asked for the nail he crawled under his bed and produced a small nail which at one time held a small hat rack to his wall. He told me, but I need the nail dad so I can open the doors. I have to run as I'm about to Google retinal scanners for our doors.

3 comments:

Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

Unbelievable! That kids is destined for something great! Nothing is going to hold him back! lol

Mary said...

Kari - you need to ask Cathy what is is with kids and having the name 'Alex' (yep, even as a middle name!) They can be a real challenge. Your Uncle Alex (the original) was just as sneaky and fun! When Cathy's Alex was little, your Gramma would just laugh and laugh at him - there is also a 'charming'aspect to their personality!

Unknown said...

We all know that Shane has something "special" going for him. It sounds like Mom and Dad need to work hard to keep one step ahead! You two will have to stay on your toes with this one. He's a character. Have fun.

Grammy and Popi