Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday - oh what a day!!!

So much to tell about today. First, it is our puppies first birthday.
Happy Birthday Maddox and Katie! We love you!!
Here is a picture taken when we first brought them home, they have now doubled in size and then some.


As for the rest of the day, I should have known better, it is Friday the 13th.

The day started well enough with fairly cooperative children as we loaded up everything to go to our Valentine's Ball with some of our friends. Our friends did a great job with the party and the kids had fun running wild. The kids were quite adorable all dressed up and I was thrilled to have another reason for mine to wear their Christmas outfits.

My pretty girl - I had to beg her to wear the dress, she wanted pants.


Shane while he was dancing


Myann and Anders


Of course the only pictures of Shane and Myann were of them fighting. This was as Shane pulled out a handful of her hair.


Myann not putting up with him.


And this picture is a perfect example of why I have a hard time discipling her, could you discipline this adorable child.


When we got home, my klutzy daughter walked in the door and immediately fell down, she got back up and walked straight into the wall. Myann literally shook it off and turned back and saw me and said, "I crashed". At this point I was laughing hysterically, and she laughed too. It makes me sad that she lacks coordination and balance like I do, though I think she is far worse. We will be putting her in ballet very soon and hoping it can help her.

After a quick afternoon of changing clothes and naps, we packed up and headed downtown to meet friends for dinner and see Disney Live. Brian stayed home with Anders and I bravely took Myann and Shane. We met at Red Robin, of course where else would you go with a bunch of kids. RR gradually got more crowded by the time we were packing up to leave and mine were running crazy, I could only keep them sitting still next to each other for so long. Point to make, Myann did not eat and drank two glasses of milk. Myann went into a coughing fit, so I knew I had to get her out into the fresh air and see if it would help. Yea, it helped alright, moments out the door and I heard the tell all gurgle and knew she was going to blow, I turned her head away from me and towards the ground and she spewed. Thank God we moms act fast, so both of our clothes were saved, well almost. Soon after, the big eruption came, and sadly Myann got her shoes and jacket. The sidewalk outside RR was not pleasant, and I was quite embarrassed to leave it like that, but what was I to do. Thankfully, I had the support of friends, who helped me to laugh at the whole situation. Since I was sure she was not sick and just over did it, we continued over to see Disney Live, sans the puked on items. Both kids had fun singing and dancing. By the time it was over, I was ready to be home. What a day!!!

Of course they had to get light up souvenirs.



And of course they had to have cotton candy (even after puking)

No comments: