Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Perspective

Daddy finally got home yesterday. It had been 2 weeks, he came home for 36 hours last week, but we only saw him a few of those with work. The kids were actually pretty good, minus the colds, stomach bug and daily life with kids. But, oh it is good to have him home. Like last night, I went to bed at 9:30 even though Shane and Myann were still up fighting sleep in their room. I could go to bed, because I knew there was another adult to make sure they did not roam the house like wild animals on the loose. So when I woke up this morning, I was so excited to see the kids and I truly enjoyed the time with them. Of course, it was limited time. I took today as my Mother's Day. I went to work out, and then had a day out with my friend Sandra. We had brunch, yummy - ate too much, then saw the movie Babies, so cute and gave me major baby fever, and off to do some shopping at the mall. Most importantly, I enjoyed time with a good friend and a break from the kiddos. When I got home, super excited to be with the kids again and I enjoyed them all evening, even when they were fighting. Now I am getting a little annoyed because they have been fighting sleep again. I am not a fan of repeatedly chasing them back to their room. I do not know if this sharing room thing will ever work out for us. But it is amazing how your attitude changes after a good night's sleep and a little time away. And props to wives whose husbands are gone for long periods of time, being sole caretaker is exhausting emotionally more so than physically.

No comments: