Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Favorite books

Not mine, but the kids. Anders is loving Moo, Baa, La La La. Thankfully, that is one of my favorites and I have it memorized from Shane's days since it was his favorite book for a while too. Myann is loving Dinosaurs Wear Underpants. She just likes to laugh at the one caveman wearing underpants with flowers on them. Shane is the one I can count on to pick out different books every night. Thank you God, it saves me because I do not do well reading the same exact books every night. It makes me insane and a disinterested reader. So at least I can enjoy the variety of Shane's book choice. Anders makes me read the same 8 books every night, but he also likes to flip the pages really fast, so I only "read" a couple pages from every book.

Shane's funny quote from last week: He was having a really good day, I mean listening to every thing I said, doing as he was told the first time and even doing before he was told. He was helping and all with a great attitude. I told him that I was so impressed and thankful for his behavior and it was really helping me out. He told me, "I would like to be good every day, but it is hard, some days I just can't control my body. I have urges and I can't stop them."
I found this funny at first and then thought, wow, that was insightful. It really reminded me that as much as he is my oldest and I count on him to be the obedient and helpful one, some days he is still just a five year old who is not always in control of his "urges".

No comments: