Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shane can spell

I was pretty impressed with Shane tonight. He was pretty impressed with himself too and told me to get the video camera so he could do it for the camera. I did not, I think something would have been lost in the recreation.

So tonight we received our thank you card from Sandra for Bree's birthday. Saint Sandra to be technical because Bree's birthday was yesterday, I gave her the gift a few days before, and I received the thank you card by mail within 3 days. Seriously, I think Sandra is just trying to make the rest of us look bad, I officially remove her Saint title. I still have unwritten thank you cards from each of my kids last 2 or 3 birthdays. So obviously they will never get done. I digress, Sandra knows I love her and she is my hero, I hope to be just like her one day. So with the card is a picture of Bree, very adorable. Shane was excited to see Bree's picture and insisted we hang it on the frig with the letter B magnet. He then said I will spell her name. So over I walk to the frig to see Bree's picture attached with the letters, B R E. The letter kit only comes with one of each letter, though I know Shane did not know it was actually Bree. So I told him the correct spelling of her name, but that he did fabulous.

Shane can sound out words and knows many sight words, but this was the first time he created the spelling of a word that he could not have learned at school. He came up with it on his own. I am a proud momma.

No comments: