Monday, February 22, 2010

Seriously, what do I do with this?

I am a self proclaimed pack rat. I keep it all. Almost every picture or art project the kids have ever made at home or school is packed in their storage container. Said containers are busting at the seams. However, they came home from art class with these lovely creations. Seriously, what do I do with these? They will not fit in a storage container at least not while protecting the integrity of the design, by that I mean the hundreds of toothpicks that would get broken. They can't even be displayed in their rooms because they are potentially fatal, so I need to keep an eye on them. So for now they are sitting on the kitchen table.

Shane's clay molded snake with lots of shooting spines



Myann didn't really name hers. Though it slightly resembles her personality, ok, that was a low blow for a mom to make. The teacher thought porcupine was appropriate, I thought puffer fish.



My only solution is to take the pictures, post them to the blog for posterity and then throw them in the trash as soon as the kids seem to have forgotten about them or when I can no longer handle the sight of them.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You're nicer than I am! I throw everything away. The kids go to bed, and once or twice a week I gather up all the coloring pages and art work (save for a few super cute things that I put away for when they are older) and put them in the trash.

Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

I think taking pictures of the more outrageous or too large to keep items is ok. I made Anna a notebook full of sheet protectors and we decide which ones are important enough to keep. She loves to look through it and remember the things she has written or drawn. I have to remember that I can put pics in there too (of those lovely projects you just don't want to keep!)