Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Poopy Cereal


Some of you may know this cereal as Cracklin' Oat Bran, but not in our house. Today I bought this at the store for the kids. It is definitely a fave in this house. Anyway, with much fanfare I pulled it from the bag and excitedly said, "Look what I bought." Myann's eyes lit up and yelled, "Yea! Poopy Cereal!" I had a good laugh.

So I guess you need the back story. I love this cereal and I got my love for it from my dad. Well one time I was telling my dad that I was eating a lot of it and he said, "Be careful it will make you poop a lot." When Shane was eating a lot and insisting on more, I told him, "Popi said it will make you poop a lot." So we limit the amount he can have. When Shane asks for the cereal he says, "I want O's, you know, the ones that make Popi poop a lot." Then Myann picked up on it. I think she liked the reaction Shane's comment always gets from me, the giggles I can not hold back. So now she always proclaims that she wants the cereal that makes Popi poop. Well today it took on a whole new name - Poopy cereal. I doubt Kelloggs will be using this information in their marketing anytime soon.

For the record, one serving contains 6g of fiber and we do limit consumption in this house because my dad was right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kari - hilarious. When you are our age you will understand the importance of "Poopy Cereal".

Cher said...

TMI