Sunday, January 4, 2009

Great Day!!!

Maybe I am crazy, or maybe I am still a Texas girl at heart who is SUPER excited to see the snow. I love snow. I know that my friends in Spokane are cursing me right now. Sorry, but I have been gone for 3 weeks, so today was our first day to play in the snow. We played hard!!! Anders passed out in the Bjorn, so I had the fun task of pulling Myann in the sled with 20 pounds in front of me. I got my work out for the day. Shane loved sledding, Myann loved being pulled in the sled, but she was kind of odd, you'll see in the pictures. Puppies loved the snow too, but watching them try to poop is sad, they do it with their butt as far from the snow as possible.





Myann sledding


As we pulled her back up, she leaned all the way back, it didn't make it any easier. Brian thought she had fallen asleep.


Anders asleep




Myann went in to warm up and locked us out, I tell you, she is rotten!!!



BTW, getting 3 kids ready for playing in the snow is an undertaking. Trying to coordinate getting them dressed, but not overheated in the house, so we all dressed in layer sessions. Luckily, the kids were super excited, so they were happy to cooperate.

As for Shane, he was better today, but still a stinker. Brian and I were trying to knock some snow off the roof, since we are afraid of getting a leak, tons of friends and neighbors are getting leaks from all the snow. And Brian was teaching me how to use the snow blower, well 10 minutes passed, and Shane and Myann had gone into the house and were unsupervised. The first time I came in, Shane was "melting" snow in water, so water was all over the kitchen floor. I went back out to move the truck so Brian could reach more of the roof. In the short time period, I came back in to a silent house. All moms know silence is bad. So I walked around calling for Shane and Myann, no answer. As I went upstairs, I heard giggles, low soft giggles. I walked in Shane's room and realized they were under Shane's bed - Shane has been taking food and toys and hoarding under his bed, so I was fearful of what I would find. I bent down to see two kids giggling with sheer delight faces covered in white cake icing. They had gotten a can of icing from the pantry, ripped it open and eaten half the can in less than 10 minutes. Amazingly, little icing was on them or the surrounding area, good or bad, they had eaten it all. Their enjoyment made it too hard for me to get angry. I told them to come out and clean up and they wouldn't be punished. There was some icing rubbed in the carpet, so I will be shampooing the carpet tomorrow. I would have taken a picture, but was afraid of how much more icing they would eat while I ran for the camera. Mom and Dad, this was reminiscent of the crisco story you tell about Alex and I. Ok, so crisco is much worse than icing, I shouldn't complain.




Our house in the snow. I love it, it looks like a cabin off in the woods.

1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Yes, those of us who have been living in snow for the past month are cursing you.