Saturday, January 31, 2009

Funny ongoings

Last night at dinner Shane refused to eat, so we put him to bed with no dinner. Mind you, it was the exact same dinner he loved the night before, but last night he wouldn't eat it because it was "all mixed up" and there were mushrooms in it. After a tantrum, Brian went up to talk to him and he said, "Tomorrow night can mommy make peas and carrots because mushrooms stink Dad."

Earlier in the week, Brian called Shane and Shane stormed over and said, "Your wasting my time Dad" and then he stormed off. This one was much funnier after the fact and not so funny at the time.

Every night I sing songs to Myann at bedtime, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Spider, and Jesus Loves Me. She now knows the songs so well that she sings them quite loudly along with me. Tonight I was singing softly so I could really listen to her, since she doesn't know all the words. During Jesus Loves Me, instead of "little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong," Myann said "...but He is drunk." Now, I don't know how she knows the word drunk and am not 100% sure that is what she said, but it definitely sounded more like drunk than strong. I was cracking up, then of course she had to laugh too.

Last week, Brian brought Shane home from school and Shane said, "Why did you and Mommy have sister (Myann)? And why did you have brother (Anders)? Brian said well because we love them and Shane said, "Well we don't need anymore Dad, you can't bring home all the kids Dad. You'll break our house." I guess Shane wouldn't support an Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt family. However, just this morning Shane said that Myann and I needed a baby girl because he and Daddy had a baby boy. So we'll see.

No comments: