Monday, June 15, 2009

Why are some days so good and others sooooo bad?

Yesterday was the wonderful day. Awesome day at the park with friends, then naps and a nice evening. It seems like I made it through the whole day without yelling or scolding the kids.

Today...whole different game. I haven't yelled, but I am so past caring that yelling seems like it would cost more energy than I have to spare. I prefer not to post negative blogs, but by getting this out, maybe I will feel better and can move on to a better evening.

This morning I had to go to the doctor to have 80 tiny metal disks taped to my back (allergy testing). The disks are secured with medical tape and then to secure it all, they put contact paper over my whole back. Yes, I said contact paper. I can't complain, because those puppies shouldn't come off, but contact paper feels about as good as it sounds. I can't tell if I am having an allergic reaction or if my back is revolting against the massive adhesive, it itches and is uncomfortable, and I will be like this for 5 days.

Next, while I was at the doctor, the tile guy came to see what is going on with our leak. Yes, a nasty leak from the shower into our closet. BTW, the shower bottom was completely retiled less than 10 months ago from another leak. Well, we were hoping this was related to the retile, so it would be covered by warranty. But because it is that kind of day, no. The tile guy says the leak is from higher up on the shower, so not covered by his warranty. It is the builder, BTW our builder sucked!!!! This house has numerous problems, none of which are covered since the warranty on the new build is up and we are the 3rd owner. So we get to pay to have our entire closet redone and pray that the shower is really fixed this time.

After giving Myann and Shane lunch, I was nursing Anders, and come to find they thought it would be great to shove their bread down the vent. Now, every other vent in this house comes out easily, too easily, because the kids like to put toys down them. Well the kitchen vent is set in the hardwood and apparently does not come out easily. I have tried prying it open with no luck. So now we have a meals worth of bread in the vent. That should be a fun one for Brian.

Take 4, our invisible fence for the dogs has not been working. When we hired someone to haul wood away they somehow damaged the wire. So the repair guy was here to fix that this afternoon. He claims the wiring is not their wiring and looks like the wiring from Walmart. I told him that Invisible Fence did the install, so I would assume they used their wiring. Whatever, the actual problem is that whoever had the fence before must have had problems with it, because it had been spliced together several times in one 50 foot area. So he was warning me that they have had problems with the fence and kept repairing it, so we may have problems again in the future. Fabulous! And, we had to pay to repair the fence, of course.

So all in all, I could have funded one years worth of college with one days worth of household issues. Really makes for a great day. But I will say, now that this is written, I do feel much better.

One high note, today is my wonderful friend Tricia's birthday. We chatted for a while and are trying to figure out a way to see Britney Spears in concert. Just the hope, perks me up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sorry you had such a bad day.
I hope tomorrow is one of your GREAT days.