Monday, June 8, 2009

Rationale of a 4 year old

This morning we were watching Sid the Science Kid, my favorite show, but Shane is kind of over it. Well today he actually watched and the show was about brushing your teeth. Amen, since that is a battle in this house. Sid was saying that he loved sugar cereal and had to brush his teeth 2 times per day and he didn't want to anymore. Shane knows he needs to brush and has had a few friends with cavities lately, so I have put the fear in him. Well, Shane then says, "I don't want to brush my teeth anymore, so I just won't eat anything."

Shane's favorite word right now...Perseverance. He loves this word and uses it whenever he can. He uses it correctly, but maybe it is a tad bit overused. He was trying to peel his orange and was having a hard time. He then brought me the orange and said, "Mom, look, I persevered and I peeled the orange myself." And when looking for his shoes, "I persevered and found my shoes." This was actually a good one, because Shane is notoriously like his father when it comes to looking for something. He looks for one second and if he can't find the item he comes to me to find it. I have told him before to keep looking and maybe even said persevere, so that must be where it came from.

No comments: