Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life is getting better, or at least my perspective has

SO we are still having the tile problem, but the tile guy is being great and really working with us. It is not really his fault, he had to work with the original crappy tile job and you can only "fix" garbage so much. So we are going to try some inexpensive fixes and see what happens.

My allergy testing is half way done and the worst part is over. Today I went in for my first reading and they removed the allergy disks and tape. Tape removal has never felt so good, so much of the itching was relieved. And all the itching I have been feeling for 2 days has in fact been allergic reactions. I am apparently allergic to about 10 things, no details until the final reading Friday. All they told me was formaldehyde and related chemicals. No clue how I made it through anatomy and all my college labs with a formaldehyde allergy, but whatever, maybe I developed it recently.

Kid time has been good too, minus Myann's melt down leaving a playdate today. Oh yeah and her going into the restaurant and finding a random man and telling him she needed to go to the bathroom. She didn't, I tried to take her, but I was humiliated that she was obviously not within my sight. In my defense, I had seen her under a bench about 30 seconds before. In that time, she disappeared and I hadn't realized she disappeared.

Myann comment from a few weeks ago, I forgot to mention it and since I am admitting bad mommy moments, this fits. Myann was giving me a rough time and we were getting in the car to go to preschool. I told Shane that I couldn't wait to get to school because Myann was getting on my nerves. Myann heard and said, "Mom that hurts my feelings." Oops, I didn't think she understood what I was saying, but clearly she did. I apologized and all was well. I learned to sensor my negative comments for now on.

As for the bread in the vent, Daddy came home to the rescue. We coincidentally had bought a tool for lifting wood over the weekend, so Brian put it to use. Out came the bread along with a bunch of other gunk. Mind you, this vent is located under the kids chairs at the dinner table. So it needed to be cleaned. We then cleaned all the other wood vents that had not been cleaned since we moved in 2 years ago, yuck.

No comments: