Sunday, June 7, 2009

Moms Gone Wild



I laughed harder Friday night than I have in a long time. I also feel more refreshed from that one night and have been able to enjoy my children much more this weekend.

Sadly, one of my favorite people that I met since moving to Spokane is moving back to California. Though I will hold her to her word, that she will be back. I met Erin pretty soon after joining the Mommy and Me group and have enjoyed just being around her. You know how it is when you just meet someone that you know is a good person, that was Erin when I met her. We don't see each other often, because she lives in Idaho and she went back to work this year. I have really missed her, but liked knowing that we would still meet up for the occasional playdate. Her family has decided to move to northern California, but I am happy for her because she will get to stay home again, which is what she really wants to do. Anyway, Friday night was her send off with a few of her other friends and we drank wine, ate, chatted, did a late night hike, and danced, going to bed sometime after 2am. Of course I love to dance, so that was tons of fun hanging out with other gals who love to dance. Gretchen made the best 80s mix ever, so we danced to 80s for hours. So much fun. As for the hike, we planned to hike before dark, but thought it was going to rain. After dark, and too much wine, we decided a hike was a good idea. Erin insisted we stay on the main road, afterall, Erin lives off a dirt road on a mountain with LOTS of wild animals. Though we were so loud, that I'm pretty sure the animals stayed far away from us.

I had so much fun that I will have to venture to Idaho more to hang out with these awesome ladies. I used to be so good about going to Idaho, since it is only a 30 minute drive, which is nothing by Houston or San Diego standards. However, Spokane has softened me, so I rarely consider driving over 30 minutes intentionally.

No comments: