Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Shane

My heart broke for Shane today. He has been BEGGING to play with our neighbors since Friday. I talked to their mom Friday and she said they would be around, so I told Shane to look out for them and if they are outside, he can go play. Well bless his heart, he has been looking nonstop. For some reason or another we kept missing them. Today Shane nagged me constantly to call their mom and ask if he could go play at their house. I told him that it was rude to invite yourself over, so we would invite them to our house. Shane did not like that, since apparently they have more video games than we do. I did call their mom anyway, but they weren't home so I left a message. Then we waited. After 30 minutes, Shane saw their call pull in and he YELLED, "Yes! They are here, bye mom, I'm going over." I told him that they just got home and they would call if they were allowed to play. Then the heartbreak set in. They did not call and he wanted to know why they did not want to play with him. Brian and I tried to explain that it was not because they didn't want to play with him, but probably because they could not play, and I know that is probably the case since their parents are leaving town. But it did not help his very sad state. He later asked for pizza, and even though I planned to grill chicken, I wanted to give my boy anything that would make him happy. It even carried over to the store, where we had to get Daddy's chesse, and they had a cereal display with Cocoa Puffs. Shane asked for them and normally I would have said no, since I don't let my kids eat sugar cereal, except as special treats, but I could not tell him no today.

No comments: