Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Maybe our last day in the snow

Well the morning started out rough, but one call to my mom and things got better. I vented and she talked to Myann, which distracted Myann. She had been so clingy all morning, actually all 3 were, so I had all 3 in my lap for most of the morning, which makes me a bit crazy - I like my personal space. After talking to my mom, Anders went down for a nap and I dressed Myann and Shane for the snow. Out we went to play. It actually wasn't too cold and despite a few fights, Shane and Myann played nicely together, while I shoveled. Yes, we have a snowblower, but I still prefer to shovel if I have the time. Shoveling is cathartic, and after that, the rest of my day was wonderful. The kids were a wet mess, amongst all the snow, they were drawn to the downspout where the water was pouring down from the melting snow.



Does this look cool or what?



After undressing my little popsicles, we had hot milk and then naps. So only Myann napped, but Shane and I enjoyed a bit of quiet time.

As for Myann, she has a new trick, stalling at bedtime. She has been building up to this for a while now, I guess I really didn't notice, but now I know she is obviously stalling. One last kiss, one last hug, move the book there, I want a drink, and then taking forever to pick a song and then waiting until I have had enough and put her to bed and then she pleads for a song. Lots of pauses between every request and turning on the most pathetic tears if need be. And she has this very dramatic cry, where she blinks, holding her eyes closed for a long pause, forcing a tear out and then looking away from you and pursing her lips. It is sooooooo pathetic, but really does make you feel bad. She is our master manipulator and I am afraid for what the future holds.

No comments: