Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blessed time with family

So I really should be sleeping right now, but I wanted to post about what an amazing 5 days we have had. Pictures and more details will come later, but we just had 5 glorious days with my brother and his family. Because of his situation, it really makes you savor each and every moment. Alex is wonderful about expressing his feelings and showing affection. But what I love most right now is watching him live and enjoy every moment. Danielle said it best when she said yesterday that she enjoyed watching Alex snowboard, what a thrill it was to see him having fun. That is exactly how I feel, I love seeing him having a good time both doing a sport he loves and spending time with the people he loves. It was a 5 day high for me. I was so overjoyed when Danielle said that she hardly thought about Alex having cancer this trip. Granted, we stayed so busy that she didn't have the opportunity to think, but they got to get away from their reality and just have fun.

We got a sense of humor, but quite sad when we are so accustomed to Alex having cancer that we joke about it. The other night Alex was trying to pay for something and I refused to give in, so I said "No, you have cancer." Then every time Alex wanted to get out of something, he said he had cancer. And Danielle was complaining about an ailment while skiing and Alex was totally ignoring her. When I called him out on it, he said, :Give me a break, I have a heart tumor and you are complaining about your knee hurting." We are a sick bunch I tell ya.

They leave tomorrow. I am sad to see them go, though I think Shane will be the most devastated by their departure. Plus, I will see them again in 2 weeks and then again about 6 weeks after that. Saying goodbye is always easier when you know you will be seeing them again very soon.

Random pics
Lexi with Anders their first morning



Lexi changing her first diaper - Great job!


Dinner out at Luna



Highlights of the week

Snowtubing





Skiing - 1st day






Skiing - 2nd day




Before the blizzard blast

Mid blizzard (This was how the entire ski day was. We skied through 2 feet of snow and massive wind gusts)



Family pictures
See link in following post

Snowmobiling




Wii olympics



1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Family time is the best. I'm so glad you're getting such a great amount of quality time in...and I bet the kids are loving it too!