Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lose a Tooth, Gain a Tooth

Big day around here for teeth. Myann lost her first tooth, and Laila's first tooth broke through.

Not sure of how it happened, but a month ago Myann came downstairs with a bloody mouth and said she was coming down her bed and a string was stuck to to something and caught on her tooth.  Sounds gruesome to me, but never quite made sense.  Soon after one of her teeth was loose and finally today she pulled it out in the parking lot of karate. She is beyond excited.  I think it makes her feel closer in age to Shane, since that boy has still only lost 2 teeth. The tooth Myann lost is her bottom left. She was giddy at the thought of putting it under her pillow.


Laila has been chewing a bit more than usual, so I should not be surprised that I felt a tooth today - bottom right.  The kids were super excited for her. They think it means she can start eating steak and everything else. I am a bit nervous.  My sweet girl has been gum biting me, so now I get the joy of an actual tooth. Lucky me.


Today, a blizzard like snowstorm blew through, and once the wind slowed, the kids ventured out.  I wanted to capture of few shots of them sledding, but was distracted by the gorgeous sunset over the snow and through the trees.  Yes, this is the view from my backyard - pretty blessed.
Front yard - love the sunset




The kids with their snowman, Tim. Tim is named after Tiny Tim from Scrooge.

No comments: