Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day was great around here.  Started with the kids waking me excited to open the cards they have been receiving in the mail, as well as the goodies we set out for them.

I got everyone, Brian included, stamped spoons with love messages.  So now they can eat their cereal or stir their coffee and see how much we love them.  I know, cheesy, but isn't that what Valentine's Day is about - cheesy expressions of love.  We also got Myann a necklace stamped in the copper pendant with loved.  I told her it was so she would always know she was loved.  She seemed to really enjoy getting "big girl" jewelry.  Shane got the Percy Jackson series, since he is becoming quite the avid reader; and Anders got a puzzle and cars. I do not think I have ever gotten them gifts for Valentine's Day, but this year it just seemed fun.  They were so appreciative of the little gesture that I may keep it up.  They also all got money from their grandparents, and were over the moon.  Laila now has her piggy bank off to a good start.

After getting them to school, I stayed for Anders' party.  So fun being in a room with 20 three year olds.  Myann's party was the same time as Shane's so I told her that next year I would do her party and miss one of the boys.  Then I met my Valentine for lunch downtown.  After lunch I went to Shane's party, which is always a treat.  I really love his age - 6 and 7 year olds are interesting to talk to and be around.

Upon coming home, Shane, my super sweet boy, wrote me a sweet card.  However, since Laila was born, she is stealing my thunder, so all my cards are now addressed to Mommy and Laila.  I should be thankful though, because Laila has bumped Brian clear out of the picture.


How did she get so grown up looking?

Love my sweet boy!

Opening her Valentine card

My girls!

Sisters!


Love this face.

No comments: