Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our exciting date night

I have to write this down for fear that I will forget exactly what all happened. It was a crazy night.  We were waiting for our sitter to arrive and then she showed up upset because she almost ran over a dog and had the dog with her because she was afraid someone else would hit it. So we immediately went into high gear trying to post adds online, ran up to vet to check for microchip (no luck), and calling all shelters.  Over 2 hours later, when all adds were placed, Brian and I went car shopping. For the record, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my minivan and do not want to give it up, but we need a AWD or 4WD vehicle to get us through these winters.  We were not impressed with the Toyota Siena, so I have agreed to consider and SUV. We show up at Chevy to check out the Suburban and Tahoe. Tahoe is way too small. Suburban has less leg room and way more crowded, meanwhile way bigger than my minivan - not sure how that is.  The dealer salesman says that obviously they do not have a vehicle that will make us happy so would we consider customizing a passenger van. He gets super excited and explains all he could do. Meanwhile, I am laughing on the inside thinking no way - we will only have 4 kids, why on Earth would I need a passenger van. Brian seems to be going with it, but I honestly thought he was just messing with me.   We leave and I laugh saying whatever, I am not driving an airport shuttle around town. Brian is frustrated and said he genuinely thinks this is the way to go and he will get me the nicest customizable van possible. Seriously - I am in the twilight zone.

Then we drive down to look at Nissan Armadas. The dealership is closed by an older lady is there with her granddaughter. Brian and her strike up a conversation about what a great and honest dealership they are and Brian will be sure to mention her name if we come back.  She then gives her personal business card - a 70 plus year old woman carries business cards with her name and email.  I was so impressed with how savy she was, but seriously a personal business card.

Next we are going to finally eat and we get a text from our sitter that the dog's owner has called and they are on the way.  It was a beagle mix male and the owners tell her to check to see if it is there dog by saying his name and seeing if he perks up. Chuck Norris!!!!! The dog is named Chuck Norris - Brian and I were laughing so hard and kind of wanted to hurry home to meet the owners who would name their dog Chuck Norris.  We then went on to do about 30 minutes of Chuck Norris jokes between us and texts to family members and friends who could appreciate our humor.  We enjoyed that our dogs had no idea they kept messing with Chuck Norris.  All in all, so happy that we helped reunite a lost dog with their owner.

So we head back to our side of town and eat a fave neighborhood restaurant.  20 minutes there and 2 cop cars goes racing by. No biggie.  15 minutes pass and we seeing 5 to 7 cop cars with lights and sirens flying into our restaurant's parking lot behind a white Navigator.  Cops hop out with guns pulled yelling out people in Navigator to come out with hands up.  I thought we were watching an episode of Cops.  Brian orders me inside the restaurant, as we had been eating on the patio adjacent to the parking lot, so he was afraid of a shoot out.  We go in and watch the whole thing unfold.  When we felt safe, we got in car and left.  I have been wanting a Jack in the Box Blackberry milkshake ever since I saw that they brought them back this summer.  So we pull in the Jack in the Box that is about 2 blocks from our restaurant. We notice 4 cop cars and a camera crew and the parking lot and several employees outside.  I still pull into the drive-thru not really processing what I'm seeing.  As I roll my window down to place my order, we hear a security alarm going off and the employee walks up and says they can not serve us tonight.   Ding Ding Ding - I began laughing hysterically that I am pretty sure our two cop episodes are related and likely the Jack in the Box was just robbed by the two guys taken into custody at our restaurant.  What are the chances????  Very exciting night - quite possibly our most interesting date night ever, and that says a lot since Brian and I encountered some equally bizarre events early in our dating life.

No comments: