Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Moon

Brian and I escaped for 48 hours to Cave B Inn at the Gorge in central Washington. It was perfect and just what we needed. Quiet, perfect weather, good adult food, and gorgeous scenery. We did not do much, outside of the hiking. We read our books and took long dinners and breakfasts overlooking the awesome view. The hike was a bit adventurous, we were dodging poison oak and looking out for the snakes we had been warned there were a lot of. In the end, we did not see a snake and seemed to have avoided the poison oak. Regardless is was enjoyable and made me feel like super pregnant lady, since it was 2 full hours of hiking. It should have been 3 hours, but we opted out of the steep descent to the river. Brian was not confident in his ability to get me back up to the top if I could not manage on my own, I think that was a crack on my 40 lb weight gain, but I let it go.

Our nice breakfast view each morning.



The Columbia River behind Brian

That is where we have to hike back up to. Last photo before we entered the poison oak and snake pit.


Taking a break on the way back up the hill.

Last dinner. Brian was more interested in the conversion going on next to us.

Evening hike, lead by the Inn's host. Seriously, we did not know where to turn and the dog would yelp and lead the way.

The Inn's host, Cuvee'. Brian was trying lure her into our room for the night with beef jerky.

No comments: