Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Festivities

You know you have kids when Halloween requires more outings than Christmas. The past 2 weeks have been a flurry of Halloween preparations and celebrations. We all had fun, but I was happy when Saturday night came and went - I was done with Halloween. Shane insisted on being a Stormtrooper this year. He wanted to be a jedi, but then he decided he wanted to carry a gun instead of a lightsaber. So the theme was set. I planned for Myann to be Lei, but then she found the elephant costume and insisted on being an elephant. I couldn't argue, it was free and Shane's costume from his 2nd Halloween. Then I decided Anders would be Chewbaca. Shane wanted me to be Asajji, no clue who she is, but she is a character in his wii game. I told him no because it was a bit skimpy.

We started with a trip to a retirement home, dressed in costume to greet the residents. My kids are social, so they really enjoyed talking with the "older" residents. Myann was hysterical. On the way there, I explained we were meeting other kids Grandmas and Grandpas. So when we get there, she starts asking the ladies, "What are you called?" They thought she was asking their names, I did too at first, and then realized she was asking for their identification, Grandma or Grandpa and by what title. Then she met one lady and asked her if the lady next to her was her mom. The lady got a kick out of that, since they both looked to be a similar age. Shane asked ,"Where are the boys?" Sadly, retirement homes mostly have women and Shane noticed.
So stinkin' cute!!!


The kids had school parties - sorry no photos.

Pumpkin Painting at my friend, Jaidean's.





Thursday night was our little party for the mom's I hang out with. The kids just ran wild and had a wonderful time.
It's a hat, it's a witch, no it's just Myann


Decorating cookies, Shane is a huge sprinkles fan


Myann is the elephant, enough said


Playing "Hot Pumpkin"

The group


Friday night was Hallowfest at the school. Shane did his first haunted house and came out saying, "That wasn't scary. I did not get scared." I think he was trying to convince himself.

Then Tina and I went to our neighbor's party. I have been dying to see the inside of this house. I have loved this house since before we moved in. They live up the hill from us and the house is ridiculous. The party was fun, you can see from our crazy neighbors.



Saturday we went to the Frenches for Halloween, as we have for 3 years now. They are wonderful hosts and we had some awesome food prepared by Blaine's parents. The kids love hanging out together and the adults like the community effort. Instead of just drinking wine at the house, I actually went with the kids for a while this year. Usually the dads take the kids and the moms stay home and pass out candy. I wanted to see the kids, but ended up carrying Myann door to door. That lasted 2 long blocks and then I was wiped out.





Action shot at the door, probably Shane announcing, "I said thank you mom."

No comments: