Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anders' Party Fun Continues

I know, Anders turned 1 over two weeks ago, but because of our schedules, we could not have a party until this weekend. So glad we waited because having a party at your house is a lot of work. I tend to have parties at places, so I don't have to do anything but pay the bill. This was work, but a lot of fun. I used to cook all the time for friends and family, but just don't have the time to do it anymore. I cooked a lot, for 3 days in fact, and of course had WAY TOO MUCH left over. Brian said he would be more impressed with a woman who ran out of food, because she had the guts to cook what was needed rather than out of fear of running out of food. I cook out of fear, so I had about 10 pounds of brisket left and countless sides.

Anyway, the party had lots of friends and neighbors. We had a clown come do face painting and balloon animals. Annie from Par-t-perfect. She was awesome, as you can see from the kids faces. Spiderman was the face paint of choice for most of the boys. Even the moms had to get in on the action. Plus we had pinatas, scary watching kids dive for candy on our concrete garage floor. Then lots of cake and presents. Thank you to our friends for celebrating with us and for all the help I had in the kitchen.







Yes, in my infinite wisdom, I pumped the kids full of junk and then asked them to sit still for a picture. At least this photo captures the energy in the room.





Some of the boys decided to explore the property


My homemade decorations. I got the idea from my friend Meghan, but hers turned out much cuter. I was just happy to display some of Anders' pictures.



Diving for pinata candy - this seriously made my heart stop


The only time the kids sat the entire party, waiting for balloon animals.

No comments: