Monday, October 26, 2009

San Diego getaway

I have been planning to go back to San Diego for a visit, since we were there last year. We took the whole family in the summer of 2008, but I did not get to see a lot of my friends. So I wanted to go back sans kids. It finally worked out that I could go with Brian on his monthly trip. It was a wonderful 3 days. I read 2 books, more than I normally read in months. We flew alone, haven't done that in almost 2 years. We enjoyed dinner on the beach at the Hotel del Coronado. I shopped with my friend Liz, visited my old coworkers, had dinner with my first mommy friends (who I love and miss), and hung out with my aunts, Sandy and Cheryl. We also met some friends Didier and Nathalie, refugees from Congo, who are doing amazingly well. They came here with nothing and now have 2 beautiful children and Didier is working at the San Diego Zoo, a huge thing since he was a vet in Congo, but can't practice here until he takes more classes and gets recertified.
Oh yea, and I did a little shopping at the mall that used to be my daily stomping ground, it is across the street from my old office.

Touring the Midway - aircraft carrier
Cheryl, me, Sandy



Didier and Nathalie

No comments: