Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pregnancy memories

Laila is growing too fast. We recently had our awesome photographer Jaidean take Laila's 7 month and sitting pictures.  She was an awesome happy model.  I will share pictures once we get them.  I already find myself missing pregnancy and missing the newborn baby stage.  No more for me, so I am trying to focus on enjoying Laila in each of her stages.  She really is a sweet easy going baby.  I would venture to call her perfect if only she would sleep through the night.  I had 2 glorious months where she did sleep through the night and then the doctor broke her.  He told me she needed to eat more since she was not gaining weight.  Well she heard him and almost immediately started waking every 2 hours to eat.  At our last appointment, when he walked in I said, "You broke her, you fix her."  He laughed and said sorry.

Well I was reading a friend's blog when she mentioned pregnancy hunger and it made me laugh because I identified 100%.  I had unreal pregnancy hunger.  When women lose weight in the first trimester because they feel sick, I am baffled because I ate nonstop and gained weight right away. I had such intense hunger that I think Brian was afraid to be alone with me in a car for fear of his life.  Before we had Shane, we shared one car and drove to and from work together.  One day on the way home from work at about 5pm, I told Brian I was hungry and we needed to stop and get food.  We lived about 15 minutes from work. Reasonably, Brian suggested I wait until we get home. I said no that I needed to eat now and once we got home I would have to prep something and there was not time for that.  You would have thought I was a ticking time bomb, oh wait, I was. In the course of the conversation progressing a few more minutes, I must have screamed or at least been very convincing because Brian pulled in to Carl's Jr.  If you know Brian, you realize I must have been very convincing or he was afraid of me, because Brian does not usually do something that you tell him to do.  He is too stubborn. So within 3 minutes, I was eating the 6 million dollar burger or whatever the name is of the biggest burger on their menu.  Thankfully the burger helped me make it the extra five minutes left in the drive home.  And an hour later at home I was eating dinner.  Shocking that I gained 55 pounds!

Another food story I will have to leave for Brian to tell, but basically it involved Brian making BLT's and me throwing a 3 year temper tantrum over him taking the "good" tomato and using turkey bacon. After my tantrum, Brian threw my sandwich in the trash.  Hell hath no fury like a hungry pregnant woman.  Thankfully my hormones must have worked themselves out in the first pregnancy because I was much calmer in the following 3 pregnancies.  Don't get me wrong, I was still crazy hungry, but I learned to carry food in the car at all times. Every time we make BLT's, Brian and I still laugh about that day. 

No comments: