Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Hubby Rocks

I failed to blog on Brian's birthday, so I thought I would take today to say a few nice things about him.  Almost 2 years ago, my hubby made a conscious decision to help out more around the house.  It has been huge and very helpful.  We had an agreement when I quit working that I would take care of the house and everything in it and he would work.  Well, I am not supermom/superwife, props to those who are, but I could not do it all and stay pleasant to be around.   Plus I got pregnant with out 4th, and he saw me drowning and gave me CPR.  He continues to be quite helpful. 

Sometimes his help has negative consequences. The other night he made chili almost entirely by himself.  I say this because usually when he cooks, I am still key in the process by prepping or mixing or finishing his meal.  But this time I was cooking dinner for the night and he cooked the chili so we could let it sit for the following night. Well he took the lid off and the condensation ran down onto the stove top into the lighter controls and within minutes we had a full on electrical fire with flames shooting out of the control handles.  Poor guy was just trying to cook and instead nearly burned our kitchen to the ground.  $200 later and 2 service calls, we have new electrical components on our gas top range. 

To not inflate his ego too much, Brian can be a royal pain in the butt.  I have no problem saying that on here because most people would agree, including his boss, his employees, his family for sure, and several of our friends.  Of course we mean pain in the butt in the most loving way possible.  But this pain also has an unbelievable compassionate streak. Some I can't say on here because he does not like his good deeds recognized.  He is very private about what he gives and does for others.  I can mention one though because it shows how he does better for others than himself.  Brian occasionally takes leftovers to work, or rather he intends to take leftovers, but they rarely make it out of the house. However, a coworker has been struggling with cancer, so for several meals we would make double portions and we would pack it up to deliver to her.  Never once did he forget to take the food, and was constantly reminding me to make up extra food for them.  He cooked a couple meals himself to make sure they had a variety of food to eat.

So as much as he can be "challenging" at times, his good qualities certainly make him worth the challenge.

No comments: