Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pregnancy this go around

So I am finally getting what I had heard so many times before and that is I am done being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty easy for me. I really have easy pregnancies, if you do not count placenta previa with Myann. This one is not much different, I feel good, I get around pretty good, but the novelty has worn off. The baby is on the move and that remains my favorite part of pregnancy. I could sit still for hours feeling the baby movements, but a part of me is content in knowing that this is the last one and I am okay with that. I always thought I would want one more but feel forced to stop because we are realizing we are reaching are parenting capability max. My friend Heather said she felt done on the last one and had been told that when you are done you know it. I was not so sure it would happen for me and it has. Now let's see if that happens when the baby is born. I am over pregnancy, but I still love my newborn babies. I do not know how it will feel to accept not having a newborn again. I am praying I feel that same sense of peace, where I can enjoy it and embrace that this is the last time.

Speaking of feeling good. The running joke is that I will be giving birth to a wild animal because all my "nesting" has been outdoors. The inside of my house is a train wreck, but I have been averaging 2 hours a day outside in the yard and last Monday I spent 6 hours pulling weeds, fertilizing everything, and transplanting grass and planting flowers. Being out in the yard so much has made me feel more like a Laynor. I thought the green thumb bypassed me, and it still might have, but I am trying and getting better. My Dad and grandparents spend half of their awake hours in their yards and I have never had that inclination, nor natural talent with plants. I killed a cactus in college and Brian frequently asks what my intended layout was when I planted flowers since they had no cohesiveness. So I am getting better, or at least trying. We'll ignore the fact that I could not walk after dinner. My sciatic nerve did not appreciate all that I did. Fortunately I was fine when I woke up the next morning. Now if only I could spend 6 hours in the basement, it might actually be presentable.

No comments: