Monday, May 16, 2011

Great Day

Our day started rough. We realized, thanks to the input of my girlfriends, that Shane and Myann had fifth disease. On Saturday they both developed red face rashes. I thought it was just from playing too hard, but when it did not go away I complained to friends and they said fifth disease was making its rounds. I called my ob, who was concerned for me, and wanted me tested. It can cause concerns in pregnant women. I am not concerned but got tested anyway. Then my computer had a virus that I could not resolve, finally did. Lastly, my car needs some minor repairs and I was having to schedule and deal with that. Basically, just a busy day.

However, by mid day, computer virus was gone, Myann's face cleared up, my neighbor kept Shane for a while so I could exercise a bit, and Brian came home so I could do my blood test without kids in tow. Then after dinner, my amazing children spent hours drawing me pictures, making me books, and writing me love songs. Talk about making your heart swell. I got out the video camera to capture some of it. Myann makes up songs all day long, but she got a bit camera shy tonight. She finally came out of it and went on to write me like 3 or 4 songs. Shane wrote me a wonderful book, which I hope to share in pictures. It was all about how much he loved me and why he loved me. I am a lucky mama. Anders, not to be outdone, even though he can not write yet, decided to read books for us - Little Quack, his recent favorite. Then he showed off his excellent baseball skills. All in all a wonderful, perfect family night. Brian and I enjoyed every minute and I captured about 40 minutes of it on film. The kids went to bed way after bedtime, but it was worth it, no regrets.

No comments: