Monday, August 30, 2010

Shane's Meet the Teacher




He obviously became very comfortable at his desk.


Sorry, no actual picture of the teacher, totally forgot about that part. So rather, meet the school, meet the desk, might be more appropriate titles for this post. However, the occasion was meet the teacher. Brian met us and we all ventured into Shane's school. I was pretty excited, until I saw that the school supply list I had shopped for no way resembled the list at the school, so I ran out that day to buy another 20 school items. This is not about me but Shane, and he in no way noticed my incomplete supplies. He quickly found his assigned desk and sat down filling his desk. He was a little disappointed that his supplies were not all "his" and would go into the classroom pot. I let him keep his spiderman pencils though. He met his desk neighbors, 4 to a group, 2 boys and 2 girls. My disinterested kid suddenly became very excited about school. He politely introduced himself to his teacher, Mrs. Day, and she was thrilled that he had already learned her name. We then met the principal and several other parents. Thursday we start the drop off/pick up craziness and I officially become a car pool mom. Shane is a bit disappointed that he will not get to ride a bus, in truth, I am disappointed, but his school is not our home school, so we have to drive him.

After we left school, I took him for ice cream, his current fave - mint with chocolate chips, and I had to take a picture of his cone. This is how I used to eat my cone.

No comments: