Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good-bye Goldi Locks


I write this with tears in my eyes literally. Tomorrow I am taking Anders for a haircut, his first. I have fought this for at least 9 months, but I can finally admit that the time has come. He was mistaken for a girl numerous times the past few days, mind you he had on a truck t-shirt or dinosaurs, so their judgement was questionable. But his hair has been getting into his eyes and the struggle to brush it every morning is more than I have time for these days.

I love his hair, I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE his hair. It is gorgeous and just compliments his already adorable face, but it is time. I took this last picture today so I can remember the perfect curls. After tomorrow I am pretty sure the curls are gone. On a side note, how is it possible that not a single child of mine has inherited my curly hair, seriously, one of them should have. Anders' curls are just the baby curls that will disappear with his babyhood tomorrow when they are chopped off.

No clue how short I will go tomorrow. I may even chicken out and only let them trim it up so he can see and even it out around back so he is clear of the mullet.

Pray for us, I may not get through this momentous week - Shane's first day of school and Anders' first haircut.

Other Anders updates: This boy can talk, like A LOT! He will repeat ANY word I ask him to, even pretty tough words. Saying Myann made her week 2 weeks ago, but this week he has been saying his name. Then today we were taking Brian lunch and as we crossed the downtown intersection near his work I hear Anders say, "We are at Daddy's work." It is downtown, I hardly recognize the intersections, they all look alike to me. He recognized it and he verbalized where we were. Call me biased, but we have some amazing talkers in this family.

No comments: