Thursday, August 26, 2010

San Diego

Brian had a work trip and I had been wanted to go back to San Diego to visit friends and family. We thought it was a great opportunity to take Shane on an "alone trip". This was a big deal that we had to approach delicately. I struggled and felt guilty for leaving Myann and Anders, but had wonderful support from the people who told me that this was wonderful for Shane. In the end, it was wonderful for Shane and we enjoyed our alone time with him as well. Brian and I thought that at home he seems like such a big kid, but then when we were alone with him, that he was such a little boy. Perspective is an amazing thing. Also, the kid slept like a teenager. Most mornings I had to wake him up.

Our first night we met up with Aunt Sandy and Cheryl for dinner.





Monday we visited with friends and then Brian took Shane on a private tour of the San Diego Zoo. I had dinner and drinks with my girlfriends and I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of us.
Shane's buffet breakfast

Brian said the zoo tour was one of the best experiences







There is a coda mudi picture that I will have to upload when I can find the disk.

Tuesday we spent more time with friends and had dinner with Brian's boss. I have no pictures from Beth's house, but I wish I did. Shane was hysterical with the dogs. He spent all night rounding up bones and playing with all the dogs. In the end, he sucked up good when he said Beth's dog Cooper was his favorite.
Once upon a time, these were Shane's best friends. Even though he has only seen them a couple of times in the 3 years since we moved, they were fast friends again. Britta even proposed.





After swimming we met up with Shane's old babysitter, Mahro. Shane went to Mahro almost everyday for 2 years when I worked. She loved him like her own grandchild and took wonderful care of him. I think she has a hard time believing he is growing up.



Wednesday we spent all day at Sea World with Aunt Sandy and Cheryl.


Before Picture

After








Thursday we visited some friends who had just had a baby. Then we flew home.
I was really hoping to get to snuggle a newborn, but right before we arrived the nurses took the baby to be circumsized. We could not stay long, so we missed seeing him.
Shane and Brian, Brian's namesake
Didier, Nathalie, and Brian

No comments: