Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation Bible School

The kids went to VBS this week at Redeemer Lutheran Church. I have been interested in visiting the church as a new church home for us and thought VBS was a good way to feel it out. I signed them up having no idea what we were in for. 15 minutes before start time, the kids and I head out the door and get there 5 minutes before start, to find a massive line up of cars outside the main road. They had traffic control and event tents set up for registration. It was insane. In total they averaged about 780 kids per day. It is a decent sized church, but definitely not the size where you would expect that kind of turnout. I know why after our week though, the kids LOVED it. They were very organized and had wonderful people working the VBS. I was so impressed and the kids loved it and learned a lot. Myann and Shane still talk about what they learned that week. However, love Myann, the other day after she hit Anders and I told her to apologize she said, "But I already asked Jesus to forgive me."


No comments: