Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chicken cordon bleu has been replaced

Well Grandma Anne has officially ousted chicken cordon bleu as Shane's favorite meal. She made french fried onion chicken nuggets this past week while they were visiting and Shane declared, "This is my favorite food in the whole world and Grandma Anne is the best cook in the world." I asked about his old favorite and he replied, "Chicken cordon bleu is my second favorite now." I must admit that the nuggets are pretty good, I made them tonight for dinner for friends. Over salad and it might be one of my top 20 meals. In case you want to do it yourself, I will divulge the secret, take notes, it's complicated. Cut up chicken, roll in egg, then roll in bisquick, then roll in crushed french friend onions. Put on pan. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Seriously, that easy and that good.

Grandma Anne makes everything seem easy. On that note, she spent her last night here helping me get my scrapbooking started and organized. That is a huge undertaking, but she got me off to a good start. Maybe I will actually finish Shane's 1st year scrapbook before he goes off to high school, ok so maybe college is more realistic.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Yummy Kari! I need to try those nuggets.

You'll need to come down for some scrapbook tips from Arlene; she's the pro!

Miss you guys.