Monday, April 19, 2010

Dinner - Kids choice

I went upstairs today to look for Myann, surprised she had not gotten up from her nap. I found her watching tv in the play room. I asked her why she did not come get me when she woke up and her response, "I woke up cranky and came in here." She was a mess and looked cranky, so I turned and walked out. Felt it was safer to let her be. But seriously, if my 3 year recognizes she woke up cranky and hides out, what am I going to do when she is 12 and hormones are involved.

As for dinner, Shane asked if he could pick his own dinner tonight. Daddy was gone, so I thought sure, but I told him I had veto power. I did not need it. Myann of course had to get the same food.


If you can't tell from the picture, they had yogurt, 2 boiled eggs, raw broccoli, and mini oranges. My kids are freaks. These really are some of their favorite foods. Shane of course had to coat his eggs with lemon pepper, yuck. But don't let me mislead you that my kids are total health nuts, they still sneak candy any chance they get, so we still lock the pantry door every night. I quit using the bike chain on the refrigerator/freezer, but then again we do not buy ice cream any more, so there is nothing worth sneaking.

Anders is verbally following Myann's cue. Not a whole lot of talking before 18 months old, but now he is taking off. As soon as I started blogging his words, he felt the need to show me that he could talk far more than I realized. Tonight he even tried to say blackberry. It sounded like "b-berry" but a good try. He also has mastered outside, I sit, cheese, candy, and more that I forget.

No comments: